1. When does the booking for Kedarnath ji starts?
Even the temple opens from April to November, the booking for kedarnath ji opens in the month of February ever year.
2. What are the important documents required for one dham yatra?
Following are the important documents which every passenger must carry:
- Photo identification
- Bio-metric registration
- Medical Check-up documents
3. Where can I get my medical check-up and bio-metric registration for Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter?
Phata and Sonprayarg are the two sites where you can get your medical Check up. For bio-metric registration, you can refer Phata, Somnprayag and Kedarnath Top.
4. What are the important things recommended to carry while kedarnath yatra? Here is the list of essentials which one should carry on their kedarnath yatra:
- Warm cap
- Spare clothes
- Small umbrella
- Comfortable clothing
- Waterproof trekking shoes
- Adequate woolen clothing
5. Is there any baggage limitation?
Yes, there is a baggage limitation of carry just one handbag weighing maximum up to 5kgs.
6. What are the precautions one should take at high altitude while Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter?
Here are some of the recommended precautions which passengers should adhere:
- Avoid exerting yourself. Take a break immediately while trek if you are feeling out of breath.
- The places where warning signs are marked, avoid stopping by such places.
- Do not go for shortcuts as it can lead you to dangerous routes.
- Do not use slippers while trek as it may stuck and you may fall.
- Do not ignore the warning health issues sign such as nausea, tiredness, vomiting, headache and loss of appetite
- Avoid trekking alone. You should always travel in group.
- Only BSNL network works in the region. Hence mobile networks other than BSNL is not recommended
7. Is photography from helicopter allowed?
No, aerial photography is strictly prohibited from helicopter by law. Even the photography is not allowed from the helipad.
8. What are the provisions for bad weather for Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter?
Due to bad weather, there may be a chance of cancellation for flight. It could be some technical reasons, bad weather or any other unforeseen reasons which are not under the control. Rs.20,000 is reserved as flight preparation charges out of the total amount received. In case of bad weather or any other technical reasons, the charter does not complete, then the refund will only be initiated for the remaining amount after deducting the amount of Rs.20,000. In the event of cancellation, the company does not hold the liability to the passenger. In case diversion, the charter will bear the extra cost of flying/ waiting or overnight halt. No cost of transport, no accommodation or meals shall be provided by the company.
9. What are the Kedarnath helicopter booking 2021 charges for infants?
Infants and kids below 2 years are absolutely free of charge. In case of dispute, the passengers should carry the age proof of the child.
10. What are the common high altitude symptoms and ailments while Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter?
As Kedarnath is situated at a very high altitude and you come over for a very short duration on your Yatra, your body does not adjust to it. Short breath and fatigue are often observed by the people while trekking. Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) is the common risk observed in the people coming for yatra. It can severely impact the lungs and heart. Hence the passenger is exerting too much and even too quickly.
11. Here are some of the common symptoms of high altitude sickness:
Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS): This type of sickness is commonly found when the alitute height is greater than 2500m. Some of the common symptoms of AMS are:
- Loss of appetite
- Breathing problems
- Difficulty in sleeping
High Altitude Cerebral Edema (HACE): In case of extreme AMS, the tissues of brain swell and lead to HACE. The illness general manifests during the night and can lead to even coma or death of the patient within few hours. Some of the symptoms of HACE are as follows:
- Bladder dysfunction
- Visual impairment
- Partial paralysis
- Breathing troubles
- Partial paralysis
High Altitude Pulmonary Edema (HAPE): When the fluid accumulates in the lungs, it leads to respiratory failures. Generally from the second night of climbing the high altitude, HAPE manifests and progress rapidly. It can yield fatal results within few hours o its manifestation. Some of the symptoms incidating HAPE are:
- Breathe shortness even while resting
- Persistent dry cough
- Chest tightness
- Red stained sputum
- Increased heart rate
12. What is the cancellation policy of Ek Dham Yatra?
In the event of cancellation of Kedarnath Yatra by Helicopter, the following cancellation schedule shall be applied:
- After blocking the flight tickets of aircraft and within the 15 days of departure, 25% of the total estimated cost shall be forfeited
- Cancellation up to 7 days of the scheduled departure, 50% of the flight ticket shall be forfeited
- In the event if cancellation within 72hours of scheduled departure, 100% estimated charter cost shall be forfeited.
- In the event of cancellation due to unavoidable conditions such as bad weather (force majeure), an amount of Rs. 20,000 shall be levied as flight preparation charges.
Ek Dham Yatra by Helicopter is truly a mesmerizing experience which will surely add some memorable moments to your life. To know Kedarnath helicopter booking 2021 price, click here.